Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Turgeon doesn't mind that Victor Dubovitsky wanted out. It actually works out perfectly. Gillispie signed five players, but with Joe Jones coming back next year, we only have four spots. We got the four wanted. For Turgeon, keeping the players was easier than expected
"I was really nervous about everything, but after the first conversations with every kid, I knew that it was going to work out. I just wanted to meet everyone face to face."

If you had any questions about what kind of man Coach T is, this should put it to rest. For a week or so worked both the A&M and WSU jobs concurrently so he would not leave WSU in a bad situation, "Wichita State is a great place and I told Jim [the WSU AD] that I would do whatever I could to help until they hired a coach." Who did he do it for? "the seniors I left behind". Very classy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will find out soon just how full of it Turgeon is as a person. Many people in Kansas would not call him classy.

r said...

Care to elaborate? Events? Details?