Thursday, April 5, 2007

As you may or may not know, the Masters started, which peaked my interest (for the 1st time) in our golf team. Turns out we are pretty good. We placed 5th at the NIT. I know nothing about college golf, but I am pretty sure this NIT is not analogous to the basketball NIT (I base this on the fact AFTER the NIT we play our "final regular-season event April 13-15". Now that is deductive reasoning). Anyone know how a national champion is determined? Is there 1 big tourney where some proportion of the top teams are invited, or is it some formula of regular season play? The baseball team is headed up to Lubbock today.
Jealous? Junior Lefty David Newmann will get the start for game 1 of the 3 game series. Newman is 4-1 after and sports a 3.26 ERA. Tech is giving us a little boost (not that we need it), by removing an "unspecified number of players" from their lineup. I guess that will be specified number of players in around 6pm tonight. Here are some notes from spring football practice, I don't get much out of these. Maybe I you do. I am tired of the Billy-G-UK story, so you must look elsewhere for news. Try here, here, or here (that last one is a link to a UK student government vote endorsing Billy Donovan. Next up is a vote endorsing gravity.) The Arkansas head basketball coaching job is now radioactive. 1st their new coach backs out and now "two players tested positive for marijuana recently, and another is under academic suspension." Pretty safe to assume those two things are related.

No comments: