Tuesday, April 3, 2007

My buddy, Brent Z from the SA-Express, reminds all of us that if "the Wildcats come clamoring for Gillispie, there's a good chance he's good as gone." How many of these stories can this guy write? I'm not even mad; it's amazing. DJ Augustin is not headed for the NBA. Some how I am not concerned. I was actually surprised he got an All-American honorable mention. Am I alone on this one? All I remember him doing is constantly driving the hole at the end of games, instead of passing to a future Player of the Year. 1st time starter Kiel Renfro only lasted 2 innings. But thanks to Jason Meyer's relief (six Ks in 4 1/3 innings) and Kyle Thebeau's save (struck out 2 to end the 8th with a bunch of guys on base), Childress was able to say "the pitching tonight was outstanding" with a straight face after the 9-4 win over South West Texas Texas State.

No comments: