Sunday, April 1, 2007

Does anyone feel different about Billy-G? Remember the win at Penn State 3 years ago? You may or may not have been driving back from the Cotton Bowl... pissed off. I'll remind you. We were down BIG but rallied back. 2 foreshadowing free throws by Acie won it. The win might not be that impressive, but when Billy talked about the post-game locker room atmosphere he almost cried. I think he cried in half of his press conferences that year. I felt special. I though we had a special coach who wanted to be coaching in College Station. Who felt like he was one of us. I knew every school with an opening would at least consider him. But I wanted it to be differently. I wanted it to be like when the Lakers came after Coach K and he turned down the money for in favor of "his heart". That didn't happen to us. We have to accept that will ever happen to us. He will always give a "no comment" and we will always feel like we are about to loose him. I don't want to sound ungrateful, because I am not. We have one of the best coaches in the nation who is going to win a national championship. Lets just hope Dollar Bill can outbid everyone long enough for him to do that here.

No comments: