Monday, July 23, 2007

Here is my (late) contribution to the Aggie Round table, Be sure the check out what the rest of the gang had to say: The 12th Manchild, Off Tackle, and Texas A&M & Baseball.

1. Which game on the schedule scares you the most?

Tech. Always Tech. In CS, in Lubbock, on Mars. It will stay this way until we beat them at every sport every year and drive them back to where they belong, irrelevancy.

2. Coach Fran: Is he really on the hot seat this season?

Normally I would say a DI coach is ALWAYS in the hot seat a year after getting his ass handed to him in a bowl game. But we won in Austin.... Ya, the win saved him last year. This is a new year. His seat is hot. He better win out and home and bring back a bowl win.

3. It's game day in Aggieland and you're on campus tailgating. Where are you? What's in your right hand, and what's in your left hand?

Here is where I admit that I am part of the problem. I don't tail gait. I know, I know, visitors judge our fan-quality by the acreage of drunk BBQ buffets and over-aged/out-of-shape touch football games. But tradition is tradition. So to answer the question: I am at the Dixie Chicken with a cheese burger in the left hand, a cup of beer in the right, and an annoying kid who to is way to young to be playing pool in a bar to my front and center while his father is reliving the glory days via spoken word to a not-so-interested-in-playing-42 wife.

Anyone want to invite me to their tailgate this season (Louisiana-Monroe and Texas)? La-Mo is a 6pm game, so I think I can wake up in time to satisfy the tradition then walk my ass clear across town to a tail gait. I might not make it if there is a Play Station 3 trailer in route. Please send all appearance requests to my assistant at Aggie.Sports at gmail.com

No comments: