Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Good news for those of you without an ESPN Insider subscription. ESPN.com has made the Blue Ribbon fall preview of Texas A&M football viewable free of charge. I have not read it yet, but I did scroll through and found this:
Grading the Aggies
Unit
Grade
Offense
A
Special teams
B+
Defense
B
Intangibles
A-










I get annoyed when I see pre-season gradings that have "+"s and "-"s. Do these guys really need that extra level of granularity when judging the quality of a team has yet to take a snap? Some how the traditional 5 grading letters do not allow the analyst to encode all of his football genius.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is a rare sighting...good things written about A&M...I liked what I read...I get jacked up for the season with each passing day...and with the updates that "12th Manchild" leaves with the countdown to gameday.....

Senior Editor Red Andrews said...

BearMeat's Official Music Video

That link will change the way you view Baylor. The century-long feud between our schools may just be over.