Monday, March 12, 2007

There are 2 good questions with our 3 seed:

1. Did we get hosed?
No. I think the loss gave Memphis the 2 seed over us. Wisconsin has always been ranked above us and lost in the Big 10 title game to Ohio State. Georgetown stared off a little slow, but won a bunch of games against ranked teams and won the Big East. UCLA was knocked out of the Pac-10 tournament earlier than expected, and they has a similar record as us. So, since they beat us it is hard to argue that they should be seeded higher than us. The iffy one is Memphis. They play in the pretty crappy Conference-USA. Even so they were perfect in conference and it is hard for them to do any better than that.

2. Did we hose ourselves?
Yes, and no. I think the 3 and not 2 is because of our early exit. But considering I convinced myself that loosing was good for team focus and fitness, and I think we are in the easiest bracket, we may have done ourselves a pretty big favor.

No comments: