Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Okay, my picks are in. I hate them. I always hate my picks. My final four is Florida, Kansas, George Town and Texas A&M. Kansas beat us by one, 71-70, to win it all. G-Town over USC was a tough pick, the other 3 were not too bad. I had a much better time with this before I read Ken's analysis of the brackets. However Bill Simmons made me feel better with what he said about us...
A&M is exactly the type of team that can beat the Buckeyes: A good defensive team with a smart coach (Billy Gillespie), an experienced crunch-time guard (my man Acie Law IV), two great 3-point shooters (Law and Josh Carter) and one of those crafty foreign centers who could lure Oden away from the basket (Antanas Kavaliauskas). OSU's biggest strength is Oden's defense -- he destroys any team that's accustomed to getting points in the paint. Against a team like UNC, he'd wreak havoc. Against the Aggies? No way. They could break 70 points without ever venturing within 10 feet of the basket. Regardless, this match-up could be a classic.
But then I remind myself this guy knows nothing about college basketball, I am pretty sure he doesn't even like it.

No comments: