Sunday, March 4, 2007

I am not a huge Bill Simmons fan, but I am of fan of ripping on Ricky Barnes, so for now I am a Bill Simmons fan...
The way Rick Barnes butchers this team on a game-to-game basis is unconscionable... Do they have plays in their playbook called "Durant stands frozen 25 feet from the basket while other guys dribble aimlessly" and "half-assed pick-and-roll that leads to nothing" and "Durant posts up while the point guards stare him down, then reverse the ball the other way?" They're going to get bounced from the NCAA Tournament this month solely because Barnes has no idea how to get Durant the ball.
Simmons is also a pretty big fan of Acie (but seriously who isn't?)...
If Acie Law IV isn't one of the top 10 picks in this year's draft, I give up. He's like a cross between Damon Stoudamire (back when he still had his fastball) and Sam Cassell (in the testicles department), and if you didn't get goosebumps during the replay of him screaming "That's what I do! That's what I do!" at his teammates after draining one of his life-saver threes in Austin, I don't know what to tell you. You could go to war in the playoffs with this guy for the next decade.

No comments: