Saturday, January 20, 2007

And I am back. Looks like Jan 12th was the last time I was not lazy. Matthew, from the College Station Eagle, has recently showed interest in the blog so I need to cowboy up on this one. Don't want to give the wrong impression.

So what has happened in the 8 days...

Andy Glockner followed up on his promise and posted a front-and-center article about how our nasty defense and spotty offense is the formula for a national title contender. We made him look very smart by beating the pants off Colorado. I didn't watch the game, but Billy thought "they just whipped us and made us like it". Looking at the stat sheet, I just dont see it. Yes they are the first team to get over 65 on us, but they still only shot 37%. We shot 52%. Joe didn't foul out. 4 of our players were double digit scorers. They did have a bunch of offensive rebounds, but when you miss that many shots you are bound to have a lot of rebounds.

A big shot out to my boy, Dom Kirk. This guy was a last minute recruit and has started ever since. And I must say, he has the oddest voice-to-face match up I have ever heard.

OSU, who looked great until Kansas ran them over, is in town today. The game will be played in front of the first sold out crowd of the year. A sold out Reed may not be one of the best places to watch some hoops, but I would not trade tickets to that game for anything.

Jason Jack is entering the draft, something about personal reasons. Good news is that he will be graduating. As you might remember, the NCAA has tied graduation rates to scholarships, so we will not get dinged for that. Oh ya, and he has a college education.

Women are doing well. The basketball followed form and whipped Colorado and the softball team was picked to finish 1st in the Big-12.

No comments: