Wednesday, October 1, 2008

My obsessions over plummeting financials have been a welcome distraction from a football team that was inches from hitting rock bottom. I didn't expect to see a fourth quarter, fourth down defensive stand to get the W in a game where Vegas gave us +30.

In the Army we (probably) said goodbye to McGee and (I hope) welcome back to J Train. I've complained about the big man for a while; his crying and weight have not gone over looked here. But at times like this, when a guy says, "I was asked to play fullback, and that's what I'm going to do. But when I'm called upon to carry the ball I'm going to put my team on my back," GIVE HIM THE BALL!

I listened to Dave South announce the game, so no clue how many times JJ avoid the sack and extended the play, but he has got to do better than 53 yards, a TD, and am INT. I guess his shoulder is not feeling great. This is reminding me of Fran years when half of our starters were hurt.

A single bright spot is Trent Hunter. The TRUE FRESHMAN defensive back was awarded Big 12 defensive player of the week. When was the last time that happened? Probably Jackson Appel. Here is to four more years of Hunter roaming the pitch.

No comments: