Sunday, December 23, 2007

Texas A&M 88, UC Irvine 66

Living on the east coast means I watch most of my A&M basketball from the couch. However this year the scheduling gods were on my side, and I was able to combine a game into my holiday plans. What a game it was! UC Irvine "tried to play defense", but didn't have the size to keep up with our big men. The mismatch allowed us to get almost half our points (40) in the paint, and a number of spectacular dunks. The alley oop from Sloan to Junior was my favorite. I am not sure, but I think it was a no-look feed.

Even more amazing than the dunks was the fact that Joe Jones played 26 minutes and committed ZERO fouls! I am not sure that has ever happened before.

I was a little annoyed when I thought we were going to only win by 17; in my book anything 10 and under is close, and it is not a beat down until you get above 20. Thankfully Beau and Denzel were about to put a few more in before the buzzer to bump it above the threshold.

My condolences to Nathan Walkup's family. Nate missed the game to attend his grandfather's funeral.

No comments: