Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Stephen McGee is "emerging" in the mostly media-hyped QB showdown. I don't think any one really expected Johnson to start this season.

With Mike Goodson and this pulled hammy watching from the sidelines--- sans cell phone, camera, and audio/video equipment --- Shermi has gotten a good look at true-freshman running back Cyrus Gray, and is impressed...ish, "He’s got to clean up some things he’s making mistakes on. You’ve got to weigh that with his productivity on the other stuff. But I’m excited about him. He’s doing a nice job." Lane has also been getting some snaps at his old stop in Mike's absence, but the coaches still think he is still too fat.

Sophomore wide receiver Roger Holland, who caught four passes for 52 yards, including a 32-yard touchdown reception against Kansas, will redshirt this season due to a concussion he suffered in the spring. Shermi don't "mess around with head injuries."

After all the new mascot brouhaha, hubbub, scuttlebutt, and kerfluffle, we picked another female collie. Good job big search team. My vote was for a mutt, I guess I am just old-school.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

each and every day I get more excited about this team...but I know I'll have to lower expectaions since it is a new coaching staff and several new faces...but the offense has a chance to really shine...I glad the collie is back...love her.....