Friday, April 25, 2008

Josh Carter has declared for the NBA draft, but has not hired an agent.

Turge is "not a big fan of [underclassmen going pro]", but would never "hold the kid back" so he is going to do the "homework so that we know where he stands." That is a pretty easy homework assignment. Don't get me wrong, I think Josh is a great player, but he would be lucky to get a late-late-late second round bid.

This is a lot like what Joe did last year; declaring so he can work out for NBA teams, attend the NBA pre-draft camp and talk with NBA officials. Josh thinks “It’s a win-win situation for me. If I go to the NBA, it will fulfill a life-long dream; if not, I get to come back and play for the university I love.”

I like the move. Its like having a guy play for you in a contract year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

he would be a huge loss for this team next year...a pure scorer...and team leader...hope he pulls out...