Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Texas A&M 38, Montana State 7

What does not make me that happy...

This game was a lot like last year, only worst. McGee out rushed Hit and Run by 16 yards. Don't get me wrong, I loved the 65 yard TD run, but when a defensive end says that "it felt good to get some licks on McGee" my stomach turns. He ran the ball 9 times. What happened to McGee locating his second and third receiver?

A reason for the odd distribution of offensive calls may be a result of our limited number of snaps. By Fran's count we only had 50 and they had 80. Which brings us to the defense. We gave up 403 yards of offense, 304 in the air. Ugh. First game or not, that is a bunch of yards. Darnell's defense performed the classic 2nd half turn around, and only allowed 99 yards in the second half, but 99 is still a lot. Can you imagine what Tech will do us? I can. It is ugly.

What makes me happy...

Fran said it best, "It is good to be 1-0... we are not Michigan."

No comments: