Wednesday, June 4, 2008

As one bows out another gears up.

Our run at the softball national championship ended last night with a second loss to Arizona State. Our batters could never get going against Arizona State pitcher Katie Burkhart. It was a great run and I look forward to next year. I cannot find any confirmation on this, but I think Amanda Scarboro will be able to get a medical red shirt for this season and play next season.

The good news is that we still have a dog in the fight (it has been long enough since Mike Vick et al. for that saying to be usable right?). Our baseball team DOMINATED the College Station regional, scoring 53 runs in four games. That should be enough to shake off whatever sticky ickyies may have been leftover from the 8 game skid. The only thing between us and Omaha is Rice (Why the hell do we always play Rice in the post-season?). We didn't do well against these guys back in April (L 2-11), but I like our chances. You see, I am going to Omaha next week, but I am leaving on Thursday. The CWS starts on Friday. Had my trip extended a few days, we wouldn't stand a chance.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah the ladies went an extra step this year from last year...one more step next year...and the men...hope the hitting and scoring keeps up for the next round...please get by Rice this year....