Saturday, June 30, 2007

Here is the second instalment of the Aggie Roundtable that will includes fellow Ag bloggers (The 12th Manchild, Off Tackle, and Texas A&M & Baseball) answering a common set of questions.

I am a few days late, sorry.

1. New uniforms have been unveiled. What are your favorite & least favorite thing about them (and any other comments you might have)?


When I was five, Santa Claus brought me a Tony Dorsett Cowboys uniform. It had a helmet, shoulder pads, jersey, and pants. I was one bad bad man in that get up. The gift remains in my top 10 all-time best gifts (the cherry red Mongoose GT trick bike 9th birthday gift tops the list). Why do you care? Our new uniforms look EXACTLY like that uniform if you swapped the blue and silver for maroon and white. That is both my favorite and least favorite thing about the new uniforms.

2. Do you have plans to make any away games this season? If so, which one(s), why that game....and can I come too?

[Clarification: I live in Washington DC. For me, they are all away games]

YES! Two games. I am going to the Texas game (I have a lifetime plan of always making the Texas game when it is in College Station [I went to a game in Austin once, not that fun] and so far I am 2 for 2) and the Louisiana-Monroe (wtf?) game. The second one is pretty random, but my company is sending me to the TAMU career fair so I am getting there a week early and watching the game. That reminds me. I need to tell Josh I am crashing at his place that weekend. I wounder if Josh reads my blog.

3. Favorite Aggie players past & present -- name'em (and if you have a good story feel free to share it)

No contest, Jason Carter. He is my BOY. I also don't think Bucky Richardson is a valid answer. Bucky Richardson should be every Aggie's favorite player, but that is too easy. You should assume that when asked this question, the person asking you really means, "who is your favorite player after Bucky." I might change my answer to Ray Childress, but only because of the Clobber Line.

I do have a good Jason Carter story. I sat next to Jason Carter at a number of Melvin Watkins coached basketball games. Those were the days when only 50 students showed up to non-Bobby Knight/non-Texas games. As I understand it, Jason was a major baller in Caldwell. I believe it.

My favorite Jason Carter moment was went he, as the 3rd string QB, dove over the line in the Texas game to be the only TAMU player to get in the end zone. It was the fourth quarter, the game was over, dude didn't care. SOMEONE needed to get in that end zone. How can he not be your favorite player?

4. Pre-season magazines have recently hit the stands. Do you get into them? If so how many do you buy and which is your favorite.

Those are WAY too much reading. You would need some sort of intestinal parasite to actually get thorough one of those.

5. How closely do you follow recruiting? Are you:
a) Recruiting guru....."OMG! Have you seen the 2009 recruiting rankings yet?";

b) Casual follower....."Awesome! I just read that we inked a 5* tailback!;
c) Couldn't care less....just suit'em up and we'll see how we do in the fall.

It depends. If we are signing 5* tailbacks then I am a B. If we have a really bad recruiting class then I act like C.

6. What do you think are our most overrated & underrated strengths for this upcoming season?

Underrated QB. I don't do much deep reading, but I hear no love for Steven.
Overrated RB. Our running backs are pretty much all I hear about.

I must admit that I almost put RB as underrated because I think Goodson should be WAY more hyped, but I have to put someone as overrated.

Can I put our whole team as underrated?

No comments: