Wednesday, November 29, 2006

The Holiday Bowl exec's announced Cal has accepted their bid and Texas A&M is waiting on the stupid Gator Bowl mess. If everything goes a planned we will be trated with a red state/blue state show down. All-Big 12 football awards were announced. MisiTupe was named defensive new comer of the year. Melvin Bullitt was named to the first-team defense. J-train, Chris Alexander, Ma Bennett, and Cody Wallace were all named to the second-team offense. Justin Brantly, Mike Goodson, Kirk Elder, Chris Harrington, Stephen McGee, Chad Schroeder, Misi Tupe, and Justin Warren got honorable mentions. I count 13 awards. Not too shabby. In case you missed the Texas game (unlikely) or want to watch it again (likely), a replay is available on Aggie All-Access.

I missed this one when it came out, the Aggies were name the (big inhale) Tostitos Fiesta Bowl National Team of the Week after beating Texas. I was not aware that was an award that could be won, but yay!


Looks like Billy's comment on the crowd size was notice by a few more people. Lets hope he does not jump ship for a program with a good November draw. Is it just me, or have we forgotten that things were like 3 years ago? That crowd on Monday would have the 6th largest crowd of the year (I checked) in 2004. That includes the Kanasas game were I swear every other person there was a Jayhawk. The season opener this year against Prairie View A&M would have been the 3rd largest crown in 2004.

The women's basketball team spanked Arizona by 20, 64-44, last night at Reed Arena. I like Blair's quote, "Mo and TK can tear up a zone". With 20 and 18 points, respectively, I think he is right.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Um, what's up with j-train only beig 2nd team? I disagree. categorically.